I’m Jackie Ramirez and I created ‘Hudson Valley Exposed’ to help others explore the Hudson Valley and create lasting memories.
I’m a Hudson Valley mom and wife and I once struggled to find new and interesting things to do with my spouse, children and even on my own in the Hudson Valley.
Hudson Valley Exposed is a place to showcase what the Hudson Valley is all about. It is not a business directory, but a place to come together as a community and share the best of the best of the Hudson Valley.
I began ‘HVE’ in 2017 because I was tired of going to the same places and doing the same things every weekend. And that’s when my husband suggested that I research things to do and create a blog. And that’s where it all started… It gave me an excuse to go explore, take photos and to also help you all in the process!
Prior to starting HVE, I was a small business owner and visited clients all over the Hudson Valley. This inspired me to later stop driving and visit some of the places I only noticed as I was driving by to visit clients.
Welcome and come along on this journey with me.
- Need assistance finding things to do in the Hudson Valley Region (Westchester County, Putnam County, Rockland County, Orange County, Dutchess County, Ulster County, Greene County and Columbia County)?
- Think that having fun means spending a ton of money?
- Yearn for new adventures with your family, significant other, and/or pet(s)?
- Wish you could make more wonderful and lasting memories during everyday activities and while on outings?
- Long to take better photos with your iPhone or camera phone?
If you’ve answered ‘YES’ to any or all of these questions, then You’ve come to the right place! I was once like you and had a hard time finding new and interesting things to do with my hubby and/or children. I felt self-conscious taking out my iPhone and taking photos of things, places, experiences and often felt silly doing so. But now, I don’t care… I adore taking photos of anything and everything.
Why the Hudson Valley
Let me tell you that the Hudson Valley has so much to offer and I’m here to show it all off to you.
In addition to exploring the various counties within this region, I have a passion for taking photos with my iPhone. I love taking photographs of everything I see and do in Hudson Valley and most days you can find me driving around the Hudson Valley scoping out new places to photograph.
I take way too many pictures of my outings and love to share them all with you.
If you talk to anyone that knows me well, they will tell you that I am somewhat obsessed with taking pictures. I’m always afraid I’m gonna miss something. I’m also a firm believer that the pictures don’t have to be perfect, they just have to be taken.
I’m sure it annoys my children, but I am constantly taking out my phone and snapping a pic and trying to capture that moment or thing that caught my eye.
Do you have a favorite quote or quotes?
My Favorite Quotes of all time include:
- “We take photos as a return ticket to a moment otherwise gone.” – Katie Thurmes
- “My life isn’t perfect, but it does have perfect moments.” –unknown
- “Sometimes you will never know the value of a moment until it becomes a memory.” – Dr. Seuss
- “Collect moments, not things.” – unknown
Trust me when I say, “Life is too short! Take an Adventure, try Something New,
and Don’t Forget, to take a picture of it!!”
There is so much to see and do in the Hudson Valley that you don’t ever need to travel too far or spend a lot of money in order to have an Epic day.
If you want to know more, here are 5 things I bet would surprise you about me:
- Several years ago, I published a fun Baking Blog and also sold my baked goods at a local Farmer’s Market in order to raise money for Children’s Charities
- I met my Wonderful Hubby on eHarmony in 2009 and couldn’t imagine life w/o him. He’s been the best $150 I’ve ever spent 😉
- My all-time favorite shoes/sneakers are Converse Sneakers (I’ve been sporting them since 1986; my first pair were the color Blue)
- I was born and raised in the Bronx, NY and rarely explored anywhere passed Yonkers, NY growing up. I thought Yonkers was Upstate NY.. lol
- I am obsessed with using Essential Oils. I use them every day and swear by them for everything!!!!
You’re still here??? Then, let’s connect!
Follow these easy steps to get in contact with or to follow me:
- Contact me using the form provided on the page
- Sign up for my Newsletter and for my emails using the form below
- Follow me on social media:
If you’re ready to start exploring, then go on over to my START HERE page.
It’s a great place to ‘start’… see what I did there?? 😉
I can’t wait to Explore the Hudson Valley with you all and show you how to create lasting memories using your iPhone!