Why do malls get so many visitors? Seems like a silly question, right?
One would say it’s because of the variety of stores under one roof, incredible options for eating out in one place, or the convenience of being inside, especially when the weather is not ideal outside.
If I told you that many people go to the mall, not for the reasons mentioned above, but for Entertainment only, would that surprise you? That’s one of the main reasons why we visit the Palisades Center Mall and it should be yours too.
In this post you will find everything you’ll ever need for an epic day of entertainment at the Palisades Center Mall.
The Palisades Center Mall, West Nyack, NY
The Palisades Center Mall is a located in West Nyack, NY in Rockland County. Located right across the ‘New’ Tappan Zee Bridge/Mario Cuomo Bridge and next to the Palisades Parkway, it is convenient to both New Yorkers and New Jerseyers (is that actually a word?). This is an added appeal to most people visiting the Palisades Center Mall because it is easy to get off the highway and then back on the highway without venturing through side streets.
The Palisades Center Mall, also known as ‘The Palisades Mall’, is currently the 2nd largest mall in the NY Metro area, coming second to the Roosevelt Field Mall in Garden City, NY. The only mall in NY bigger than these two is Destiny USA Mall in Syracuse, NY.
The Palisades Mall was opened in March 1998 and continues to be one of the favorite places for visitors from all over New York and also for tourists.
According to their website:
“Palisades Center is among the top 10 most visited malls in America. This four-level shopping center located in Rockland County, offers over 200 stores, 16 sit-down restaurants, a bowling alley, ice rink, the world’s tallest indoor ropes course, comedy club, and more. Palisades Center is the go-to place for local shoppers and tourists alike.”
If you’re looking for other activities to do in Rockland County, check out Rockland Center for the Arts.
I visited RoCA and offer some tips in my blog post about how to make your visit there extra special.
The Palisades Center Mall is a unique place
In addition to the vast variety of stores and eateries located in the mall, the most impressive aspect of the Palisades Mall is the amount of entertainment they have.
During my visit when researching this blog post (in Feb 2018), I was pleasantly surprised to see new additions to the collection of activities that they have for all age groups.
What is there to do and see?
Below is a list of the activities that we saw available in the Palisades Mall during our visit in 2018:
- Levity Live Comedy Club – Located on Level 4, next to Target, Levity Live Comedy Club is an ’18-year old and over’ establishment that showcases comedy from all over the United States. The shows typically have a host, featured performer and the headliner comedian. They have a full service restaurant and can seat up to 350 people. For more information and prices, check out their website: https://nyack.levitylive.com/
- Palisades Center Ice Rink – Located on Level 4, the Palisades Center Ice Rink offers year-round, indoor ice skating sessions to the public. It is adequate for all ages and all skills levels. For more information and prices, check out their website: http://palisadescentericerink.com/
- Lucky Strike Bowling Alley – Located on Level 4, Lucky Strike has 12 lanes that provide hours of fun for all ages. In addition they have billiards tables, as well as a game room. They have extended hours for a fun night out with friends, a partner and family. For more information and prices, check out their website: http://www.bowlluckystrike.com/locations/west-nyack/
- Palisades Mall Ferris Wheel – Located on Level 3, this amazing Ferris Wheel towers next to a large window looking. It is located in the food court area.
- AMC Palisades Center 21 – Located on Level 4, AMC is a well-known movie chain offering 21 screens at the Palisades Center Mall. In addition to 2D movies, they also offer 3D features, as well as, IMAX 3D movies. For more information and prices, check out their website: https://www.amctheatres.com/movie-theatres/west-nyack/amc-palisades-21
- Palisades Climb Adventure – Starting at Level 4, the Palisades Climb Adventure is the World’s Tallest Indoor Rope Course. This is an amazing feat not for the weak of heart or the fearful of heights. It stands 85 feet tall, contains 75 different challenges and can accommodate guests of various ages. On LEvel 4, there is also a kiddie-sized rope course, for the youngest of all thrill seekers. For more information and prices, check out their website: http://www.palisadesclimb.com/
- Double Decker Carousel – Located on the Level 3 Food Court sits the majestic Carousel with horses and lavishly adorned seats. The best part of this carousel is that it has two levels, and from what I observed, families with children of all ages love to ride the top level!
- Billy Beez – Located on Level 1, Billy Beez is the ultimate play zone for children and parents. It is an amazing 20,000 Sq feet space of fun. It houses slides to tunnels, trampolines and ball pits, and everyone is bound to have fun! For more information and prices, check out their website: http://billybeezus.com/
- OMG Entertainment – Located on Level 1, OMG Entertainment is a virtual reality theater experience. According to their website, “The latest, state-of-the-art technology of virtual reality comes together with a 9D movie simulator that can spin 360 degrees. We have 8 different movies that you can choose from.” For more information and prices, check out their website:http://www.ohmygod.fun/homepage
- The Holodeck – Located on Level 1, The Holodeck is a Virtual Reality Center, an Augmented Reality Center and a place to play Xbox One S during pre-paid time slots. For more information and prices, check out their website:https://theholodeck.com/
- 5 Wits – Located on Level 4, 5 Wits is a unique, live-action adventure. According to their website, the “customers get the chance to BE the action hero and get inside the movie or video game.” For more information and prices, check out their website: http://5-wits.com/#home-section
- Autobahn Indoor Speedway – Located on Level 2, this indoor go-kart racing experience is action-packed. Karts can go up to 50 mph and drive along a professional Grand-Prix track. For more information and prices, check out their website: http://www.autobahnspeed.com/
- Mystery Escape Room – Located on Level 3, Escape The Mystery Room is your chance to be a real-life detective. You and your team are in a room for 50 minutes and you must find clues, solve puzzles and decipher hidden codes to Escape The Mystery Room. For more information and prices, check out their website: https://allinadventures.com/locations/west-nyack-ny/
Is the Palisades Center the Entertainment Place for you?
With so many options available at the Palisades Center Mall, the only question is…
Is the Palisades Center Mall the right place for you and your family?
The good news is that it’s free to go to the mall and check out the activities as an observer. You can then speak to other people before you decide if you’d like to try a specific activity for yourself or your family.
A Few Things to Know Before Visiting the Entertainment Activities at the Palisades Mall:
- This place is perfect for: Everyone – Families, Couples, and Everyone Else
- Cost: The price is dependent on the activity you choose to do
- Days/Hours: The mall and activities are available 5 days a week. Check their website for specific hours
- Parking: Parking is FREE at the Palisades Center Mall. Valet is also available for a fee
For Additional & Updated Information,
Palisades Center Mall
1000 Palisades Center Drive
West Nyack, NY
If you haven’t done so already, make sure you Download my Freebie!
It will be your Go-To Resource when looking for fun things to do in the HV.
Hudson Valley Family Fun: For $10 or less
Until the Next Adventure…