Don’t you love it when people combine their passion for the arts with building a sense of community?
That’s precisely what Laurie Perrone envisioned when she created
the Hudson Valley Farm & Flea Event.
What is the Hudson Valley Farm & Flea?
During a discussion we had before the event, Laurie Perrone said to me, “I started this event because I thought we were missing this level of shopping in the Newburgh area.” Upon arriving at the event, her desire to spotlight the talent and hard work of Hudson Valley artists, farmers and designers is evident.
The Motorcycledia Museum is a great venue to showcase this event. You can find the museum on Lake St, right off of Broadway in Newburgh. It offers a convenient location for many to travel to and see the excellent assortment of vendors offered at this event. The patrons consist of young and old and people from the immediate area and from other areas of the Hudson Valley.
According to the website:
“This event will create a place where people can come to enjoy local products and be immersed in a total Hudson Valley lifestyle experience.”
Hudson Valley Farm & Flea is a Unique Event
The Hudson Valley Farm & Flea is a unique event in Orange County, NY, as it embraces community, diversity and exceptional products made right here in our backyard. During my visit, I had the pleasure of meeting and speaking with several of the vendors showcased.
- I was immediately drawn to the Natural Handmade Products for bath, body, and home created by Beyond the Picket Fence. Everything is beautifully packaged in bright colored paper and her whole booth smells amazing. Visit Gwen’s online store at beyondthepicketfence.etsy.com
- I also enjoyed our time with ‘New Prospect Pottery’ and all of her amazing creations. Each item is made with her own hands and crafted to perfection. Visit Lynn online at www.newprospectpottery.com
- The ‘Immuneschein Ginger Elixirs’ was definitely intriguing. Although not something I am familiar with, the company offers elixirs that strengthen and support the immune system. Visit them online at immune-schein.com
- Another one of my favorite vendors was ‘Damn Good Honey Farm’. Their variety of honey is amazing and they happily offer free samples. I sampled their honey and also smelled the handcrafted soaps they had on display. My hubby bought me a gift box with four soaps and honey for Christmas and I can’t wait to open it! Keith and Jennifer are lovely people and can be found online at www.damngoodhoney.com
We also enjoyed looking at the incredible products offered by:
- More Good Syrup Mixers – drinkmoregood.com
- Chikara Works: Eggshell Ornaments – www.chikaraworks.etsy.com
- Blacc vanilla – www.blaccvanilla.com
- Chic63: Handcrafted jewelry – www.chic63.com
If you plan to spend the day in Orange County, NY, make sure you also visit,
Storm King Art Center in New Windsor (Seasonal).
Read my post by clicking here:
How to have a memorable outing at Storm King Art Center
Make sure you visit the ‘Hudson Valley Farm & Flea’
and their newest event ‘Hudson Valley Sweets Festival’
The Hudson Valley Farm & Flea is such a great event to showcase many of the best products made in the Hudson Valley. I love to see local artists and farmers working so hard to keep their products locally, as well as, available to the community.
By the way, Laurie Perrone has another event coming up in the Spring called:
Hudson Valley Sweets Festival. I’m sure it will be spectacular!
You can check out the FB page here ———->www.facebook.com/hudsonvalleysweets
A Few Things to Know before Visiting the Hudson Valley Farm & Flea:
- The Event takes place at the Motorcyclepdia Museum in Newburgh, NY
- Parking is FREE
- The Hudson Valley Farm & Flea is a seasonal Event and takes place twice a year – March & November (check Facebook for updated information)
- Admission to the event is $5.00 and gives you access to the Museum and children 12 yrs and under are free
- Food is sold at the Venue
- This Event is kid-friendly
Are you looking for more things to do in the Hudson Valley
for $10 or less?
Make sure to check out my FREE Download featuring a list of things to do and places to visit for $10 or less.
Click the image below to get your list!