Don’t you love it when people combine their passion for the arts with building a stronger community?
That’s precisely what Laurie Perrone envisioned when she created the Hudson Valley Farm & Flea Event. This premiere event takes place twice a year and it is not to be missed.
Come take a look and see for yourself why the HV Farm & Flea at the Motorcyclepedia in Newburgh is the place to be.
What is the Hudson Valley Farm & Flea?
I had the privilege of speaking to the person behind this wonderful event.
During the discussion we had before the event, Laurie Perrone said to me, “I started this event because I thought we were missing this level of shopping in the Newburgh area.” This love for community and local art and farmers was the seed that became the HV Farm & Flea.
Upon arriving at the event, her desire to spotlight the talent and hard work of Hudson Valley artists, farmers and designers is evident. The room is filled with tables and friendly faces that show off the sense of community you can feel throughout the Hudson Valley.
Where does the Hudson Valley Farm and Flea take place?
The Hudson Valley Farm and Flea takes place at the Motorcyclepdia Museum in Newburgh, NY. The museum is located on Lake St, right off of Broadway in Newburgh. It offers a convenient location for many that travel to see the excellent assortment of vendors offered at this event.
The Motorcycledia Museum is a great venue to have this event. The museum is spacious as the tables are set up both around the perimeter of the room and in the center. The backdrop of the motorcycles makes the space unique and adds to the charm of the event.
The patrons consist of people from the immediate area and from the surrounding communities of the Hudson Valley. The support of local business is abundant and the feeling of strong community over competition is also present at this event.
According to the website:
“This event will create a place where people can come to enjoy local products and be immersed in a total Hudson Valley lifestyle experience.”
What Makes the Hudson Valley Farm & Flea a Unique Event?
The Hudson Valley Farm & Flea is a unique event in Orange County, NY, as it embraces community, diversity and exceptional products made right here in our backyard.
Which vendors are part of the Hudson Valley Farm & Flea?
During my visit, I had the pleasure of meeting and speaking with several of the vendors showcased.
- I was immediately drawn to the Natural Handmade Products for bath, body, and home created by Beyond the Picket Fence. Everything is beautifully packaged in bright colored paper and her whole booth smells amazing. Visit Gwen’s online store at beyondthepicketfence.etsy.com
- I also enjoyed our time with ‘New Prospect Pottery’ and all of her amazing creations. Each item is made with her own hands and crafted to perfection. Visit Lynn online at www.newprospectpottery.com
- The ‘Immuneschein Ginger Elixirs’ was definitely intriguing. Although not something I am familiar with, the company offers elixirs that strengthen and support the immune system. Visit them online at immune-schein.com
- Another one of my favorite vendors was ‘Damn Good Honey Farm‘. Their variety of honey is amazing and they happily offer free samples. I sampled their honey and also smelled the handcrafted soaps they had on display. My hubby bought me a gift box with four soaps and honey for Christmas and I can’t wait to open it! Keith and Jennifer are lovely people and can be found online at www.damngoodhoney.com
We also enjoyed looking at the incredible products offered by:
- More Good Syrup Mixers – drinkmoregood.com
- Chikara Works: Eggshell Ornaments – www.chikaraworks.etsy.com
- Blacc vanilla – www.blaccvanilla.com
- Chic63: Handcrafted jewelry – www.chic63.com
Make sure you visit the ‘Hudson Valley Farm & Flea’
The Hudson Valley Farm & Flea is such a great event that showcases many of the best products made in the Hudson Valley. I love to see local artists and farmers working so hard to keep their products locally, as well as, available to the community.
A Few Things to Know before Visiting the Hudson Valley Farm & Flea:
- The Event takes place at the Motorcyclepdia Museum in Newburgh, NY
- Parking is FREE
- The Hudson Valley Farm & Flea is a seasonal Event and takes place twice a year – March & November (check Facebook for updated information)
- Admission to the event is $5.00 (at time of this blog post) and gives you access to the Museum and children 12 yrs and under are free
- Food is sold at the Venue
- This Event is kid-friendly
Now that you got a peek inside the Hudson Valley Farm and Flea Event, why not visit more places in the Hudson Valley.