Do you make New Year’s Resolutions year after year? Do you find it difficult to stick to the resolutions for the remainder of the year? If the answer is “Yes,” then I am going to show you something that is a game changer. This year I challenge you to use the list I created and go out and make lasting memories with your family.
Why did I create the ’52-weeks of creating lasting memories challenge’?
I find that when I am ‘challenged’ to do something, I usually perform a lot better. For instance, I perform a task consistently when I know other people are watching. Are you like me? It’s like that saying that if you do something consistently enough, it then becomes a habit. I believe in that wholeheartedly, because if that weren’t the case, my teeth wouldn’t get brushed twice a day. 😀
This year I wanted to consciously make a habit of finding something ‘out of my routine’ to do every week and document it, and hopefully, this would encourage others to do the same. That is how and why I created this list and challenge.
A little about me and why the ’52-weeks of creating lasting memories challenge’ is so important to me?
If you have followed my blog/social media accounts from the beginning, then you will know my story about how I am naturally an introvert and had some social anxiety. Going to new places, let alone speaking to new people once terrified me.
I made a choice last year and committed myself to the idea of creating Hudson Valley Exposed. I told myself that no matter what, I would visit more than 20 new places in the Hudson Valley and take photographs. If you do the math, then you will see that I started out with trying new things less than half the year.
Here are some examples of what I saw and did last year that would not have happened if it weren’t for my commitment to my own resolution and if it weren’t for my ability to challenge myself.
- How to Best Explore the Rockland Center for Arts
- How to Have a Memorable Girls’ Outing
- My Trip to the Westchester Children’s Museum
This year, I had to raise the bar and take it to the next level: Do something every week and document it for all to see. See what I did there? I made myself accountable again.
I want you! Are you ready to take the challenge?
This year’s most important resolution reads something like this: Do something every week that would not normally be in my routine and have fun doing/seeing new things.
For instant access to my Free Download and list of ideas that will guarantee exciting weeks ahead, click the image below.
Here are some ideas, from the list, that is sure to spark some interest:
1. Visit a Sculpture Park – RoCA, PepsiCo Sculpture Gardens, Storm King Art Center
2. Visit a Historical Site – Washington Irving’s Sunnyside, Locust Grove, Mount Gulian Historic Site
A Few things to Know about the ’52 weeks of Creating Lasting Memories’ list:
1. The list is just a starter to get the ideas flowing. You don’t have to do all the activities, and you can add some of your own and make it more personalized to you and your family.
2. Many of these activities are low-cost and/or free.
3. For some ideas of fun activities to do for $10 or under, Download my updated list of things to do in the Hudson Valley for $10 or less by clicking the image below
4. Some activities are seasonal, so choose according to weather and season.
5. You don’t have to be part of the Challenge to download the list and have fun.
For an Instant Access, download your copy of 52 weeks of creating lasting memories and start making memories that will last a lifetime!
I will be posting my own outings and adventures, weekly, on my Facebook page. Follow me and check my page weekly to see what I did and you can also show off pictures of your activities/outings!
Don’t forget to also download ‘Hudson Valley Family Fun outings for $10 or less’. It makes a great addition and resource to help you with this challenge.