Do you Love Live Music?
In doing some research about places to listen to live music in Ulster County, I was happy to find ‘The Falcon’, located in Marlboro, NY.
On Saturday May, 27th 2017, I excitedly attended their ‘SpringFest at The Falcon’ Event.
Not only was it advertised as an amazing event, but knowing the that money raised would support living artists, intrigued me.
The day of the event, The Falcon was full of people, both inside and out. Children, Families, Older Patrons happily filled benches, landings and tables inside.
The SpringFest showcased great music, along with great food, drinks and wonderful local vendors.
In addition to this great event, the establishment houses several unique features. Not only is it home to the Falcon Restaurant and Live Music Venue upstairs, but it also has a beer garden (overlooking the Beautiful ‘Marlboro Falls’) and a Rock and Roll Museum on the lower level.
There is also some rich history to the building and location.
According to their website:
“In 2005, Falcon Music & Art Productions, Inc. purchased a 19th century button factory in the center of the hamlet of Marlboro. 1348 Route 9W, Marlboro, New York, is perched over the Marlboro Falls, once used to power the factory. Through the years, the main floor of the building had been a roller-skating rink, community center and a cabinet factory.
It has become the “Village Vanguard of the Hudson Valley” and on a regular rotation with New York City’s most respected venues; a rural Mecca for the finest in multiple genres; to include jazz, blues, rock, world music and contemporary chamber music.”
Some of the vendors present during the SpringFest were:
Bad Seed Cider Co
Hudson Ale Works
I was able to enjoy several great acts, during my visit, including the duo “Nalani & Sarina” from New Jersey
They put on quite the show!
These twin sisters play a mean guitar and have beautiful voices.
Pictured Above is the Outdoor Beer Garden overlooking the Marlboro Falls and the patrons enjoying the music that day.
All in all, it was a Great day and a Wonderful event not to be missed in the future.
A Few Things to Know Before Visiting SpringFest at the Falcon:
- SpringFest is a perfect event for everyone and anyone: Singles, Couples, Families, Friends
- Cost: The Event offers FREE admission and FREE parking
- Event Information: SpringFest is held once a year. But don’t worry if you miss it because The Falcon also hosts FallFest in November
- The event showcased Live Music on 3 stages
- The Rock and Roll Museum is also open to the public during the event
- There is both food and drinks for sale at SpringFest
- There is seating inside the Rock and Roll Museum and outside on the Patio and in the Beer Garden for your convenience
- The event also showcased some local vendors (food and drinks)
The Falcon is also host to an abundance of musical acts throughout the year.
The full line-up can be found on their website (link below).
Have you already been to The Falcon?
If so, leave a comment below letting me know your experience.
Until the Next Adventure…