My son and I are big fans of interactive places because we can explore, touch and have lots of fun while learning new things. Due to this shared love, we eagerly planned an afternoon visit to this new Family-Friendly Museum in Westchester county. We happily drove from Ulster County to Rye, NY in order to spend a fun afternoon together.
Our Day Visiting The Museum in Rye, NY
On a cold winter’s day, we stopped in Rye, NY to visit the Westchester Children’s Museum. I can see how this would be a great outing in any season of the year.
The views of Rye Beach, the Ice Casino and Playland Park are amazing nostalgic. On this particular day, the sky was clear and the contrast of colors was amazing. I remember visiting Playland Park every summer, as a child. My parents took us several times. We loved to get on the rides and eat the most delicious candied apples we ever found.
Even on this Cold Winter’s Day, there were plenty of people enjoying the beach with their dogs. The dogs enjoyed running around on the sand while playing with each other, as well as, their owners.
Plans for the Westchester Children’s Museum
There are plans for continued expansion of the site in order to offer families a comprehensive experience; especially for children of all ages.
According to their website:
“The Westchester Children’s Museum recently completed construction on the first phase of its building program opening 6,500 square feet of exhibit space.
The Museum is a not-for-profit organization that depends on support from individuals, corporations, and foundations. The Museum is currently fundraising to build out the entirety of its 22,000 square foot historic landmark site.”
I’m happy to say, my family and I will make new and wonderful memories at the newest addition to the Playland Park Family. We are excited to see what’s to come for this great space.
The Present Space of the Children’s Museum
Presently, the Children’s Museum is a quaint space that offers activities for children of all ages. It is a spacious learning center with several exhibits, featuring a variety of activities. Each room flows into the other, as a result, allowing the children to roam without being out of their parent’s sight.
In addition to the wonderful exhibits currently open, we are very excited by what the Westchester Children’s Museum will offer in the future. It is already a great place to visit and, it seems like, there are more amazing things to come.
As a result, I’m happy to say that this is a great addition to Westchester County!
A Few Things to Know before Visiting the Westchester Children’s Museum:
- The Museum is open to the public from Wednesday to Sunday; 10am-4pm
- Mondays and Tuesdays are typically a day for Group visits (schools, camps, etc)
- There is a current admission fee of $7.00 per adult/child (check website for updated information)
- Babies 12 months of age and under are FREE
- During my visit, parking was free, but fees often apply during the Summer months
- Discounts are available because the museum participates in the “Museum for All” Program
- Designated space for strollers is located in the coat check room
- The Exhibit area does not permit food or beverages
- Re-entry is allowed, with a stamp given at the Museum, as you exit the building
- Changing tables are available in the bathrooms
- They offer Special Events and Birthday Party options (check the website/Facebook for updates)
Westchester Children’s Museum
100 Playland Parkway
Found this Post Helpful?
Share it on Pinterest….
Until the Next Adventure…